quarta-feira, maio 01, 2013

O Estado do Cinema, segundo Steven Soderbergh



«Cinema is a specificity of vision. It's an approach in which everything matters. It's the polar opposite of generic or arbitrary and the result is as unique as a signature or a fingerprint.»

«As long as you have filmmakers out there who have that specific point of view, then cinema is never going to disappear completely. Because it's not about money, it's about good ideas followed up by a well-developed aesthetic.»

«The problem is that cinema as I define it, and as something that inspired me, is under assault by the studios and, from what I can tell, with the full support of the audience. The reasons for this, in my opinion, are more economic than philosophical, but when you add an ample amount of fear and a lack of vision, and a lack of leadership, you've got a trajectory that I think is pretty difficult to reverse.»

«There are fewer and fewer executives who are in the business because they love movies. There are fewer and fewer executives that know movies. So it can become a very strange situation. I mean, I know how to drive a car, but I wouldn't presume to sit in a meeting with an engineer and tell him how to build one.»

«You need comedies, you need horror films, you need action films, you need animated films, I get it. But the point is, can't some of these be cinema also?»

«I mean, why are you always remaking the famous movies? Why aren't you looking back into your catalog and finding some sort of programmer that was made 50 years ago that has a really good idea in it, that if you put some fresh talent on it, it could be really great. Of course, in order to do that you need to have someone at the studio that actually knows those movies.»

«So whenever I despair I think, OK, while we're sitting right here, somebody out there somewhere is making something cool that we're going to love, and that keeps me going.»



O texto integral desta intervenção pode ser lido aqui.

Sem comentários:

Creative Commons License
Keyzer Soze's Place by Sam is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at sozekeyser.blogspot.com.